- TECHNICAL DOCUMENTS
The Colchester Mastiff VS 1800 / Harrison V550 are heavy weight variable speed centre lathes designed and built to withstand rugged, heavy duty machining.
All our lathes give years of outstanding service with unrivalled return on investment. Heavy metal removal and fine precision finishing are at the core of all our centre lathes performance.
Our range offers a vast choice of optional accessories and equipment, further enhancing the performance and versatility to tackle even the most complex and challenging machining operations.
Each variable speed model is fitted as standard with the very latest state of the art Acu-rite digital readout systems and linear encoders. All DRO’s have integrated as standard constant surface speed (CSS) control.
This powerful feature dramatically increases productivity over conventional centre lathes by automatically controlling the spindle speed during machining. The standard DRO with integrated CSS functionality allows exactly the right speed for every job so tools perform better, cycle times are optimised and quality greatly improves.
• Infinitely variable spindle speed with integrated digital display.
• Spindle power load meter
• 2 axis digital read out (DRO) with integrated constant surface speed (CSS) control
• 3-Jaw PBI scroll chuck
• Dickson Quick change toolpost with tool holders
• Machine work light
• Coolant pump system
• Machine toolkit
• Thread Dial Indicator
• Roll-out swarf (chip) bin
• Saddle mounted operators control station
• Rapid power traverse of saddle and cross slide movement
• 3 jaw scroll chuck and 4-jaw independent chuck options
• Parat & Multifix toolpost options
• Traveling and stationary steady options
• Tooling packs
• Taper turning attachment
• Bed stops
• Rear boring bar attachment
• 3rd axis Digital Read Out (DRO)
• Extended warranty contracts
• Service / maintenance contracts
|Distance between Centres (mm)||554|
|Swing Over Bed (mm)||1000 / 1500 / 2000 / 3000|
|Spindle Bore (mm)||104|
|Spindle Nose||No.5 MT|
|Spindle Speeds (rpm)||18 - 1800|
|Spindle Motor Power (kW)||11|